March 12, 2020
Dear Albizu Community,
We want to keep you reassured that university officials continue to closely monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and follow the safety guidelines provided by the CDC and the Florida Department of Health. The University has established a committee to work directly on this to be able to provide you with updated information and devise and implement safety plans as needed. Our first priority is the safety of our university community and getting ready to move to online learning if needed.
To this end, the following measures have been adopted:
1. We are implementing a plan to deliver instruction fully online.
2. Students in practicum and/or internship should follow the site guidelines.
3. All student services departments have made contingency plans to deliver services to students remotely if needed.
4. Effective immediately: Faculty are being instructed to deliver all classes online this coming week (March 16-21) as a pilot plan.
5. Students with limited access to Internet and technological equipment should contact the Office of the Dean of Students at (305) 593-1223, ext. 3102 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
All Academic Program and Student Services Directors will be available to address any questions or concerns for specific situations that you may experience.
We will keep you updated of any new directives issued by the Office of the President taking into account the recommendations of the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the Florida Department of Health, and the Commission for Independent Education (CIE).
Tilokie Depoo, Ph.D.
Chancellor – Miami Campus
Por primera vez en la historia de nuestra Institución, el Recinto de San Juan recibe la re-acreditación por diez años en el Programa de Psicología Clínica Ph.D. por la reconocida organización American Psychological Association (APA). Celebramos este logro y nos reafirmamos en la excelencia y compromiso en la calidad de nuestros programas académicos y servicios clínicos.
Dra Cintia Garcia Coll
Dra Nicole M. Velez Agosto