● Recent Updates on University Operations
● Message from the President on the Global Pandemic
● Albizu Operations Information Hotline
● Prevention Information
● Links to Resources
Luaida Oyola Mercado
Monday - Thursday
9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Institutional Center for Scientific Research.
Who We Are?
The Institutional Center for Scientific Research (ICSR) was established in 2013 under the direction of Dr. Cynthia García Coll, a graduate of Harvard University, professor and outstanding researcher in education, pediatrics and psychology. Dr. García Coll’s vast research experience includes funding by the National Institute of Health, as well as from McArthur, Spencer, Gates and WT Grant funds. She has also been a recipient of awards from the American Psychological Association (APA), the Society for Research in Child Development, the Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, Tufts University, Brown University, and others.
More than 30 faculty members from the Miami and San Juan campuses of Carlos Albizu University have collaborated with Dr. García Coll. This group of faculty researchers specializes in areas such as autism, bullying, depression, sexual abuse and sexuality in children, development disorders, gifted children, obesity, the homeless, suicide, HIV, substance abuse, resilience, crisis intervention, gerontology, cancer, nutrition, mental health, social psychology, religion/spirituality, Satanism and mental health, psychometrics in the elderly, endocrine disorders (e.g. diabetes), Alzheimer’s disease, workplace mobbing, job satisfaction, job boredom, workplace engagement, leadership, work-related stress, and others.
What We Do?
Carlos Albizu University’s Institutional Center for Scientific Research (ICSR) is focused on researching, creating and disseminating knowledge as an integral part of our institution.
ICSR has three main purposes:
1. Support research efforts at Carlos Albizu University and increase the number of student, faculty and alumni publications.
2. Project and promote ICSR’s research among the academic community, professional associations and mass media (traditional and digital).
3. Create a research culture at Carlos Albizu University that constitutes an integral part of the teaching-learning process, positioning the institution as a leader in Puerto Rico.
The Institutional Center for Scientific Research (ICSR) also serves as a center for the dissemination of information on research funding available from local and federal agencies, as well as foundations and educational institutions.
We also have the support of students, as well as members from the research training program at the Carlos Albizu University.