As an undergraduate student at Carlos Albizu University, you may be eligible to receive financial aid in the forms of grants, student loans, scholarships, and/or work-study to help you pay for your education.
Grants are a possible source of funding for your education. Grants are funds awarded based on various criteria depending on the funding source and do not have to be repaid. This aid is similar to scholarships.
At Carlos Albizu University, you may qualify for the federal and state grants below:
- PELL Grant
- Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Puerto Rico State Funds (San Juan campus only) - Click here to download
- Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG) (Miami campus only)
- Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program (Miami campus only)
For more information, go to: http://studentaid.ed.gov/types/grants-scholarships/
Tuition Discount Scholarships
At Carlos Albizu University, Miami campus, you may qualify for a 20% tuition discount if you are a:
- Full-time employee of a local, state or federal agency in Miami-Dade County, Florida (applies to business and education programs only)
- Full-time employee of the Miami-Dade County Public Schools
- Full-time employee of the Miami-Dade County Police Department
- Full-time employee of the South Florida Workforce
Student loans are an alternative funding source for your education. There are a variety of student loans for you to consider. The difference between loans and other forms of funding is that you are required to repay your loans and this often includes interest. At Carlos Albizu University, there are a variety of student loans as follows:
- Direct Subsidized Loan
- Direct Unsubsidized Loan
- Parent Plus Loan (dependent students only)
- Private Loans (if necessary)
For more information, go to http://www2.ed.gov/offices/OSFAP/DirectLoan/index.html
The Work-Study Program offers jobs for undergraduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay educational expenses. At Carlos Albizu University, you may be eligible for this type of financial aid. The Work-Study application is available upon request at the Financial Aid Office.